Your Mallorca – Menorca Marque Adventure 02 June – 11 June 2017
Price: €3990 VAT INCLUDED
An unbelievable tour featuring the best of Mallorca and Menorca with authentic stays, farm to fork meals, the gold-standard of routes and a world class staff! Where every day is filled with postcard images, beautiful climbs, sweeping descents, valleys of grape vines and plentiful sun.
Day 1 – Arrival day – We will meet you in the arrivals area of PMI just to the right of the info desk at the Deli & Cia. After a short drive to our village hideout, we will assemble bikes and/or fit rentals before heading out into the wine country for a short spin. You will enjoy the rolling hills and finish on top of the Santa Lucia, 3k above our hotel, which affords some stunning views across the island and if we are lucky Menorca.
Day 2 – Cap Formentor via Port de Pollenca – A rambling ride on the small caminos that typify this part of Mallorca. We will arrive at the beach for a coffee in the Sea Bar before climbing up to the Mirador and continuing on to the Cap Formentor.
Day 3 – Sa Calobra – Designed by the same artistic madman who built the road to the Cap Formentor, Sa Calobra is a brilliant, stunning piece of ribbon like tarmac snaking its way unobtrusively down to the sea from the Coll de Reis at 650m. Even the most bitter professionals will stop to take photos on this ride.
Day 4 – Transfer to Menorca – Optional ride day – We will take the first ferry across to beautifully preserved Menorca, get settled into our accommodation and have time to explore Citadella and then venture off to a secluded beach.
Day 5 – Cross Menorca Ride featuring Es Toro – yes, the climb is called the “bull!” Steep, with unfriendly horns, the sting is in the tail of this climb. Besides Es Toro, our day will be quite mellow following the roads across one of the most beautiful islands in the Balearics and Europe. We will stop for coffee and lunch in Mahon (say cheese)!
Day 6 – Tour de Faros (lighthouses) – then we escape back to Mallorca via ferry in the late afternoon. There should be time for both bike and beach on this day!
Day 7 – Inca Market morning and/or Randa ride – The Inca market is one of the largest on the island – see local goods and produce sold in an open air environment in this massive market. An optional ride to Randa will be hosted after the market excursion for those requesting some more kilometers in their legs or rest up by the pool, and take a massage to recover for the following day´s ramble across the north of the island.
Day 8 – Transfer to Palma – We start on the flat roads for 35k before climbing up to the famous route along the northern Tramuntana mountains and overlooking the sea. Just when you thought the riding couldn´t get better we pull this conejo out of the hat! Iconic world heritage views and perfect tarmac skirting along the rugged coast high above the sea! We finish the epic day with an 8k descent into Palma to our boutique hotel.
Day 9 – Explore Palma! A well-kept secret, Palma is the little sister of Barcelona with all the beauty and charm and percentages less crowding and hassle. Easily covered on foot, its ancient vias are a maze of interesting artifacts and architecture dating back to Roman times.
Day 10 – Departures and hasta pronto! Please book your travel out of PMI before 2p when possible. Check-out time is 12p.
Restaurant Es Guix – Lunch on Sa Calobra day
• Hand select boutique hotels in unique locations on Mallorca/Menorca with ride fueling breakfasts
• Private airport transfers
• Nightly meals in featuring some of local favorites and one evening in the highly rated DaiCa restaurant
• Welcome reception lunch
• Professionally staffed support vehicle
• Pro-level spare equipment
• On the bike nutrition provided by our sponsors and supplements with homemade bars and beverages
• Round-trip ferry crossing to Menorca with your bike and bags
• Trip themed jersey and shirt
• VIP level concierge services
• Air travel to or from Palma de Mallorca (PMI)
• Insurances – trip, travel, medical or accident (We strongly suggest that you have cancellation insurance and medical insurance is required by local private hospitals)
• Alcoholic beverages
• Lunches (except on arrival day)
• Rental bikes – Starting at 25€ per day for carbon framed and mechanical Ultegra bikes to ++€ for exquisite pro tour level Pinarellos.
Upgrades and Extras:
• Suites – when available – inquire for pricing
• Additional wine tastings etc.
• Just ask…….almost anything that is legal is possible!!
Hotel for Last (2) nights in Palma – You won´t want to leave!
Authentic Hotels Centuries old olive mill
FUN ON THE BIKE OFF THE BIKE And WITH FRIENDS
The Cap Formentor – A road featured often in commercials!
The Port……Off to Menorca!!
Hidden Coves…and pebble beaches!VIEW MORE POSTS