Ride Don’t Hide is a nation-wide fundraising bike ride that gives thousands of people across Canada the opportunity to connect—to their own mental health, to each other and to their broader communities, while raising the critical funds that support CMHA programs in their own community that help Canadians take care of our mental health.
2019 Ride Information
Where: Springbank Park for All Seasons – 32224A Springbank Road, Calgary, AB
When: Sunday, June 23, 2019
How much: This year, instead of a registration fee, we are encouraging all riders 16 and over to commit to fundraising $100. If you raise $100, your registration fee of $55 for early bird and $65 regular registration will be waived. Children will still ride free.
- 10km & 20 km– Family Ride. A terrific option for beginners trying out cycling for the first time, this route follows quiet back roads through the Springbank area and overlooks the beautiful mountains the entire way. 10km too short? Complete two loops for 20km! The number of participants on this route will be capped at 200. Check out the route on Strava! (Elevation gain of 83m, est. moving time of 26 minutes for 10km)
- 50km– uses Highway 22 between Springbank Road and Bragg Creek there/back; This route, designed for the intermediate rider, gives you the opportunity to challenge yourself! Following cycling routes along the roadways in Springbank, this route is full of hills, valleys and a landscape that will take your breath away as you make your way south into Bragg Creek. The number of participants on this route will be capped at 200. Check out the route on Strava! (Elevation gain of 295m, est. moving time of 2 hours and 5 minutes)
- 105km – uses Highway 22 from Springbank Road to Beaver Lodge (just past Elbow Falls) via Highway 66. The ultimate challenge for even the most advanced cyclists – the 100km route is in a class all on its own! Join a limited number of cyclists for a unique experience as you ride through Springbank south past Bragg Creek and into scenic Kananaskis Country. The number of participants on this route will be capped at 150. Check out the route on Strava! (Elevation gain of 933m, est. moving time of 4 hours and 20 minutes)
- 7:00 a.m.: Registration for 105km ride opens.
- 7:30 a.m.: Horn sounds – 105km riders take off.
- 9:00 a.m.: Registration for 50km ride opens.
- 9:30 a.m.: Horn sounds – 50km riders take off.
- 10:30 a.m.: Registration for 10/20km ride opens.
- 11:00 a.m.: Horn sounds – 10/20km riders take off.
- Noon: Riders begin to return; BBQ lunch and fun activities to celebrate!
- 1:00 p.m.: Closing remarks and wrap up.
*Schedule Subjective to Change*VIEW MORE POSTS